I hope not! Hahaha … I remembered the time when Andrea asked me whether I do think of her as a workaholic coz there were some of our friends whom believed that she is one of them. We never get to know how on earth they got such information. But sometimes, looks could be deceiving too. I would say that she is someone who is hardworking towards her studies but I could swear to God that she will never be a workaholic as long as she lives.
Do you know why I insisted that she will never be a workaholic? Hahaha … Let me tell you something. She has this over-exaggerating fantasy towards DBSK. Watching their videos over YouTube or whatever-I-don’t-know online streaming website has been a daily routine for the past couple of months. I wonder whether it had been a year. Hahaha … She’s crazy at times. Hahaha …
For someone who always gets an “overdose” of DBSK videos for every single working day don’t sounds like a workaholic to me. She could leave everything behind and glued herself in front of her laptop for hours drooling over their videos. At times, she might ignore me and proceeds with her own fantasies. Hahaha … Just kidding. Well, she does do that at times. But I was busy with my own work when she ignored me the previous few times. Hahaha …
Alright, back to me. I had been working frequent full shifts for the past two weeks ever since I got back to work after I took three days leave. Well, things aren’t piling up. But then, it seems like I have got never ending jobs. Whenever you finish a job, other jobs will start piling up again. And then, it’s like you think you will never get to finish them on time.
I was supposed to get off from work at five today. I carefully plan my working schedule for the week. I had finished finalizing the temporary staff salary yesterday evening and sorting out senior staff and clerks’ wages sheet, OT forms, changing shift forms and time card. I was supposed to get off from work at nine yesterday night but then when I punched my time card, it was already 10:20PM.
People think that I am stressed. Well, I don’t think so. I don’t like things to pile up when I know I have got bigger task coming soon. Sometimes, working life could be hectic. Who would say that working life is enjoying and interesting anyways? I do think that some will do. But not all, I would say. Sometimes, I do enjoy work. When things start to get out of control, you would wish that you have got an assistant helping you around.
There’s only my manager and me in my department. The previous clerk was being transferred to another branch so I am currently multi-tasking. I am a Department Executive whilst dealing with clerical job at the same time. *sigh* Life is always so unfair.
I just found this interesting piece of article on the website about the symptoms of being a workaholic. Okay … Here it goes. I am gonna evaluate them one by one and decide later whether I am really being a workaholic. Maybe I should check out whether Facebook has got this kind of quiz?
The workaholic not only works hard but also sets impossibly high standards and is beset by a sense of never being good enough. => I do work hard at times but I seldom thought about never being good enough. So, that’s an out!
The workaholic’s need to please others is a driving force that prevents him/her from noticing the impact of overworking on his/her own health and well-being. => Out!
He/She has a strong need to control other people and situations, and he/she finds it difficult to delegate responsibilities. "If I want it done well, I have to do it myself," is a characteristic workaholic belief. => Hmm … I’ll have a think about this in a greater depth.
The workaholic life is characterized by a striking lack of balance. The workaholic gives himself little time to develop and enjoy personal relationships. Caring for herself is low on her priority list, and health problems are often ignored until they become debilitating. => Out!
Moving from task to task, deadline to deadline, the workaholic feels most alive when totally immersed in a project or dashing between several projects. The workaholic may become addicted to the adrenaline rush generated by dealing with a crisis. => Okay … I hate crisis and I don’t have adrenaline rush when I am working. Out!
The workaholic uses work to escape from difficult feelings and in this process loses awareness of her desires and needs. The family members and friends of the workaholic experience themselves as a lower priority than his/her work, and this experience frequently erodes relationships. => Out!
In conclusion, I personally don’t think that I am a workaholic. Hooray! I’ve passed and escaped from the deadly symptoms. Hahaha! xD
I found this picture to be funny. But it doesn’t mean that I am a workaholic. Hahaha … Ciao!






Leave a Comment